South Kazakh Medical University
SKMU Located at Shymkent, Kazakhstan, the South Kazakhstan State Medical University was incepted in the year of 1979. The university has been touted as one of the most preferred and best universities in the Shymkent region of Kazakhstan. It now ranks as the best universities in the list of such universities at the national level.
The university is equipped with adequate staff and exceptional academic infrastructure to provide all the necessary teaching and learning support to the students from the home country and from other countries.
The university offers the following faculties;
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dental Studies
- Faculty of Continues Professional Development
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Studies
- Faculty of Preparation of Specialize
Why South Kazakhstan State Medical University?
The organizational structure of the university is devised to provide maximum support for the students for their excellence in academic activities that can make them better medical professionals who can contribute to the betterment of the society and the field of medical studies. For this the university is supported by various youth policies and supportive initiative of the government ensuring continuous improvement and exceptional levels of quality for each and every students of the university.
Most of the international students of the university prefer general medicine, dentistry or pharmacy as their choice of study. The students hail from countries such as India, Pakistan, South Korea, Japan, China and continents like Africa and even Europe.
The university has adequate academic infrastructure to ensure that the students are able to get the best practical and theoretical exposure to the subjects they study in the university. The university has an excellent library that has tens of thousands of books on various subjects that can help the students immensely during their medical course in the university.
Student Life @ SKMU
The University has a friendly and multi-culture environment. There are many clubs which are headed by students themselves and it organizes various cultural events.
In SKMA, the educational quality matches the international level. The students are offered to participate in various activities like seminars, conferences, projects etc to enhance their exposure towards modern developments of medicine world. The University fulfils the basic amenities necessary for the students to study in a convivial environment. The hostel is guarded round the clock and is under constant camera surveillance. There is a well-equipped library for the students.
Accommodation and Campus at South Kazakhstan State Medical University
- Hostels for students are provided with full security.
- The university has well furnished hostels for its students. Hostels are provided by the university with the facilities like 24 hour gas and electricity supply, hot and cold water, etc.
- There is a large library with excellent collection of books.
- There are Cafeterias for students that provides tasty and healthy food.
- University encourages sports activities like basketball, volleyball, cricket, football etc. at the hostel campuses for students.
- University has separate hostels for girls and boys and those have CCTV cameras for student’s safety. Special attention is given towards security of girls.
South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy – At a Glance
|Last Date to Apply||August/September, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 with 50%, 40% for reserved category|
|NEET Entrance Test||Yes, it is necessary|
|Course Fee||Rs.2.47 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||5 + 1 year internship|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Recognition||MCI and WHO approved.|