The Philippines, also known as the Republic of Philippines is situated in Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean. Its capital, Manila, is famous for its waterfront and centuries-old Chinatown. Philippines was a colony of USA for around 50 years and thus the country follows the American system of education.
Philippines is a founding member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and the East Asia Summit. The country also hosts the headquarters of the Asian Development Bank. The Philippines has shown a great transition in economy from agriculture to the one with services and manufacturing. In addition to membership in the United Nations, the Philippines is also a founding and active member of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations).
Medical Study at Philippines
Nowadays, MBBS in Philippines is become the best destination for Indian students to study course of medicine. More than 9000 students come from foreign countries like USA, UK, Germany, Ukraine & India to study MBBS in Philippines. Almost, all top MCI & WHO approved medical universities in Philippines follows US education system.
It offers the students to have brighter career opportunities after completion of MBBS from Philippines. It provides the ideal mix of theoretical and practical education which empowers the aspirants to become successful practitioner. The medicinal course offer to students in Philippines is known as the MD program [Doctor of Medicine].
The number of Indian students keeps increasing with the dream to study MBBS in abroad. Philippines have the very great reputation and they are known to convey the medicinal training of magnificence. The medical colleges in Philippines are offering a low tuition fees structure for Indian students with high quality of education, as it is the worth for your money.
The best medical universities are approved by the MCI and also listed in World Health Organization (WHO) Geneva, FAIMER etc. Most of the medical students from Philippines get opportunities to work in power nation countries, if they have successfully finished the medical course.
In India there are approximate 400 medical colleges that proffer 70,000 MBBS seats between them. Despite of having the most number of seats all the students are not being that lucky charm to get an admission in medical. The reason behind this is the half of the seats are allotted to private colleges and each of that seat cost 50 lack capitation each..! The figure is definitely astounding and that is the reason that students are biased towards other countries that offer the same level of standards in terms of education, accommodation and significance of the degree. Philippines is a perfect spot to study MBBS. Philippines have a decent interface with the western world, which helps students from all over world. Students going to study MBBS will feel at home as the Filipinos are great hosts. They will are incredibly cordial and polite. The Philippines boasts of safe country and ensures secured living for the other students who come to study on MBBS in Philippines. Among them MBBS in Philippines is being the first choice of the Indian student as Philippines caters MBBS course at a very affordable rates along with caters numerous advantages in contrast to other countries.
Top 25 Reasons to Join MBBS in Philippines
- The MD in Philippines is recognized and approved as an equivalent course to the MBBS by the MCI (Medical Council of India) who has established and maintain uniform standards of medical education.
- Philippines medical universities are widely renowned in many countries for the superior standard of education and also have listed in the WHO, IMED and ECFMG medical education directories.
- Professors in the Philippines universities are coming from different countries, including USA and India who are highly qualified and experienced in the allied field.
- Philippines medical colleges are regulated by the Philippines ministry of education and that is why Philippines colleges do not have any capitation fees as well as no donations to be paid for enrolment.
- Another advantage of an Indian student is the climate of the Philippines. Philippines climate varies from 23 °C to 32 °C throughout the year, which is very alike to the Indian climate helps Indian students in settling with no trouble. The other advantage of the similar climate is, people having the same pattern of disease which aids to the Indian students who want to practice in India.
- There is no any donation required to enroll in Philippines medical college, unlikely to Indian medical colleges.
- Philippines follows US education system that opens numerous opportunities to make a career in English speaking countries inclusive of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, etc.
- The English medium of instruction diminishes the barrier of learning the native language and helps to concentrate only on the study.
- All the medical colleges in Philippines emphasis on practice over theory give you greater extent of practical experience that helps you during practice.
- The entire faculty of the Philippines medical colleges is co-operative and ready to help you in every query.
- As the MBBS degree of Philippines is recognized by MCI, you can practice in India after completing the MCI registration formalities.
- The MBBS degree of Philippines is recognized by every major country, that proffers you great career opportunity of working in the US, Canada, Australia and other developed countries without any extra course.
- The living cost at Philippines is very less compare to other along with there is very mere difference in Philippines currency and Indian currency that makes Philippines more affordable.
- We have a large number of messes and team of Indian chefs to make all the Indian dishes available for Indian students at affordable rates.
- India and Philippines both have a tropical climate that helps you to quickly adjust to the Philippines climate.
- Listed on the 12th as the most populous country in the world, hence you will have greater opportunity to practice with a varied and large number of patients.
- You can easily communicate with patient and a local as the Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country where almost 94% of Filipinos speak English.
- If you are planning to migrate at US, there is good news for you. The student can crack the USLME parts I and II in Philippines only under the guidance of medical professors.
- Philippines is also renowned country for MD, the students coming from US, UK, Germany, France, Australia, Japan and South Korea is an evidence of it.
- If we look at the data of past years and today, the number of Indian students enrolling for MBBS in Philippines are drastically increased shows its worthiness.
- Excellent flight connectivity from India offers easy commutation throughout the year
- Philippines embassy is very liberal, that means it is easy to obtain a student visa and quick processing of documentation.
- To study MBBS in Philippines approx 20,000 students enroll every year that shows prominence of the Philippines is not only limited to the India.
- Universities of the Philippines not only prepare for medical practice, but also prepare students for the MCI screening test.
- In Philippines getting an admission in Manila would be the best for foreign students as it is the most secure city in the world in terms of crime.
Program Duration & Intake
Intake For Pre-Medicine & Doctor Of Medicine: July-August
Pre-Medicine (Ab Psychology) Duration: 1 Year 4 Months
Doctor Of Medicine (Md) Duration: 4 Years
Students who are enrolled for Pre-Medicine program in July-August intake will be enrolled
in Doctor of Medicine program in next year November after their successful completion of
Pre-Medicine (AB Psychology) degree and NMAT (National Medical Admission Test). Also
requirement for NMAT will be 50 PERCENTILES.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission:
65% and above in PCB-Physics/Chemistry/Biology (In 12th Standard / Intermediate)
Documents Required For Admission Letter (Letter Of Provisional Acceptance - LPA):
1) 10th Mark sheet 2) 11th Mark sheet
3) 12th Mark sheet 4) Passport (or) ID Proof (Aadhaar card)
Documents Required Visa
- High School Mark card.
- 11th mark card
- Senior Secondary Mark Card.
- Aadhar Card
- Passport (Front and Back)
- Photo (Not older than 6 Month)
- NEET Result
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Reports
(attested by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare members only)
- Hepatitis B
- Chest Report X-Ray
- Blood Report (Full Blood Count )
- Urine Test (Complete)
- Stool Test
- Financial Affidavit
- Bank Statement (Min 5 Lakh balance)
- Transfer Certificate of Last School
- PCC (Police Clarification Certificate) by passport office.
- Fee -500000/-